Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quesadilla



Another recipe from my Easy Hot and Spicy cookbook: vegetarian quesadillas! I've never made them before, but I've struck a new and excellent meal. It's really easy, too. I just chopped up the following:

Avocado
tomatoes
pitted olives
pickled jalapenos
chilis
courgette
refried beans
cumin

...And some other stuff. I can't remember what, plus there were more ingredients on the list that I didn't add. They basically said choose four or five things, but I didn't read that part so well, and I chopped up lots and mixed it together. It made an absolutely delicious mixture, which you can see on the right.

Then, I put some corn oil in a frying pan, put a wholewheat tortilla down, spread some shredded cheddar, and a part of my mixture, patted down another tortilla, and then fried it until golden on either side. Who knew that a wholewheat burrito wrap could be so delicious and flaky with a bit of corn oil fried on?

Anyway, it was magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment