Here is my version:
I like it a lot, but I have never had the real thing myself, so I rely on Catherine's evaluation. She says it is really good!
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 cup corn (canned, fresh, or frozen/microwaved)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- Two cooked chicken breasts, chopped (optional)
- Tex-mex Ranch dressing (purchase from Chop't or make your own, see below)
- 1/4 cup fried onions
To make your own Tex-mex ranch, mix a quarter cup of ranch with the juice of one lime, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin. In the future I will experiment with adding some cayenne.
- Chop vegetables and cheese into small pieces! Salad is hard to eat! Make it easy!
- Mix ingredients together (including chicken if you are using it), aside from dressing and fried onions.
- When ready to eat, toss individual servings with dressing and sprinkle fried onions over top.