Monday, October 28, 2013

Xan: Cheeeeese?

Hello folks,

Do any of you have trouble with your cheeses molding and if so what do you do about it?  For instance, I would like to shred lots of mozzarella all at once and not have to shred it each time I need some.  But then it gets moldy and I can't cut off the outside of every shred.  Can you freeze cheese?  Or how should it be stored?

As far as cooking goes, cheese is an unusual ingredient for me: I use it frequently enough but it is never for my own consumption, and so I never actually taste the results of my cheesings, and so I never know what to do differently next time.  When I started cooking, I used to complain if I had to touch cheese, which seems pretty silly in retrospect.  It was probably just an excuse to complain.  On the other hand, many people are grossed out by the mere sight of meat, even though meat is great while milk products are the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment