Thursday, April 7, 2011

Linden's Linden-sized zucchini galette

So I don't know what other people do with leftover pie crust, but I have this enduring problem where when I make pies and tarts and quiches, there's always a bit of crust left, sometimes lots. So I have to make something to use it up, which is tragic. This time, to use up the edges of my quiche crust, I rolled out the scraps and made an individual-sized zucchini galette:



 Now my camera has forgotten taking a picture of the inside of this, so alas you cannot see its multiple layers. Beneath the zucchini is a layer of basil, beneath which is a layer of cheeeeses. Basically, you combine ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella (adding in lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, and what have you to taste), spread that on a rolled out pie/tart crust, leaving 1-2" empty all around. Then you add fresh basil, if you are feeling extravagant, and shingle zucchini on top. Fold up the edges of the dough. You're supposed to drizzle olive oil and garlic on top of that, and perhaps glaze the dough top, but that's a bit twiddly for a quick lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment