Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kathleen's Pizza and Macaroons



This afternoon I cooked a pizza, not because I'm a copycat but because it's one of the recipes my Weight Watchers recommended, and I've had the ingredients for a while. It didn't turn out so well, though. Too much dough and pizza sauce for too little cheese (recipe's proportions), and soggy in the middle. Plus, because of the sogginess I had to cook it extra long, which meant the cheese and basil were a bit crisped up. The peppers were still good, though!

I'm definitely having tomato sauce challenges. I tried Linden's suggestion of putting a bit of sugar into the pasta sauce I made yesterday. First 1/2 tsp, but it didn't make a difference, so then another half, but then it was too sweet and I had a devil of a time trying to mask that taste. If anyone has any good pasta sauce recipes, please send them to me!



Next I made macaroons, which was far easier than I had been led to believe. I did a bit of fiddling to try to figure out how to make them moister in the middle, but I was doing better by the end. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment