Monday, December 12, 2011

Xan: Lahmacun!

I made these "lahmacun" from Best Recipes in the World.  Thank you Mark Bittman, they were good!


Lahmacun=turkish meat pizzas.  I am just going to go ahead and assume that lahmacun refers to all the ground lahm, as lamb is called in whatever language it is they speak in Turkey.

I'm being facetious of course, pretending not to know the official language of Turkey.  Some languages don't sound anything like the country they're spoken in, but this one has a pretty obvious connection.  In Turkey they speak  gobbledegook.  Gobble gobble.  Gobble gobble gobble.  Other than a few isolated words like lahm, that's pretty much all they say.  Structurally it's a lot like Norse code.  For example, "Gobblegobblegobble.  Gobble, gobble, gobble.  Gobblegobblegobble!!!" means "Help I'm being eaten!"

Anyway, gobbledegook is inefficient but delicious. Just like these meat pizzas.  I can't actually remember what was in them, other than lahm and acun, oh and I put an egg on one because why not:


Gobbled it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment