Monday, February 7, 2011

Linden's Parmesan and Basil encrusted haddock

So due to circumstances somewhat out of my control (an academic lunch I sort of have to go to), my food investigation is coming to an abrupt end for now. So yesterday I introduced cheese (and let me tell you, it was exciting).

Now the last few weeks, I have been hunting the internets for ways to prepare food within my limitations, and in the process found a lot of ways to prepare food without my limitations, which means I accumulated a long list of things to try once I dropped my diet. One of them was something like this recipe, although still edited since I am not currently at this moment consuming oil.

This is haddock, which is a very cheap fish - four times this amount costs something like $4-5 here. I chopped together fresh basil and grated parmesan, and then put it on top of the fish, on a tray with asparagus. Popped it in the oven at ~350 for half an hour, then broiled it at the end to get the top extra-crunchy. In the meantime, boiled some cauliflower and broccoli and melted some cheddar mixed with rosemary and parsley on top. Served it all on a bed of baby spinach, and you have a very green and white meal. Delicious!

Today I am going to start eating wheat again, and possibly potatoes. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment