Sunday, January 16, 2011

Linden: Zucchini Carrot Bread

Before explaining my cookings, I would like to say that I have pulled even with Xan in the number of times our name tags have been used. Now looking through, I realized that he used mine once or twice when he wanted to show me my bespectacled turkey, I thought I had better return the favor before pulling ahead with the dinner I made. Now I have been wanting to make zucchini bread, for I was curious how it would taste. And, because I wanted to shred a zucchini. It is fun! Much more fun than shredding carrots, for zucchini is soft and shreds with less pressure. However, a little less than one smallish zucchini makes 1.5 cups shredded.



It turned out well! In the bread arena, I have finally managed to cook something almost at the proper heat for the proper length of time. (Although this one took forever, more than an hour. It did smell very good cooking, though!) I cut the initial recipe's sugar in half, and I think I might use slightly less oil next time. Additionally, it was missing something, perhaps cloves or nutmeg. But overall, very tasty!

Also, and this is the best part, the bread looks very nice because of the orange and green flakes in it. Much better than the strange purpley stuff you get in banana bread. (Additionally good is the English equivalent of the name, which goes: Carrot and Courgette Bread. Rolls right off the tongue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment