Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kathleen's Food in Greece

A few sensational highlights:



Mmm, yummy. Octopus. Need I say more?




Have you ever seen such a slab of feta cheese? It was enormous! This was my first Greek salad in Greece, and I was like, whoa. That slab there, was at least four inches long. Actually it turns out that's very normal for Greece--Greeks are actually the largest per capita consumers of cheese in Europe--but I was astounded to have such a mass of cheese placed in front of me, to eat with just one salad. It makes me hungry just thinking about it.



I thought I'd give that lemon soup that Xan made over the holidays a try. His version was pretty good! It tasted very similar to this. And in the background is the rest of my dinner: a tomato and pepper stuffed with a yummy rice mixture.

2 comments:

  1. that octopus looks delicious.

    if you want to make avgolemono (egg-lemon soup), this is essentially the recipe I used:
    http://www.spacelingcafe.com/archives/2008/04/avgolemono_soup.html

    I never bothered with celery, and when we had it, there was no chicken, but do what you want. I do recommend orzo though, everyone loves orzo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beg to differ, that octopus looks like a seamonster likely to sucker itself to your stomach lining and take over from the inside.

    ReplyDelete