Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kathleen's Waffles and Banana Nut Muffins



On Sunday morning, I whipped up my first batch of waffles in ages, complemented by Weight Watchers cream and fresh strawberries from the farmer's market on Gloucester Green. I wanted to cook waffles last weekend, but unfortunately I couldn't find strawberries anywhere. Not in town, not ordering groceries online...

Anyway, they turned out very nicely, though I can't say the same for my waffle iron, which I may have dropped down the stairs. It is in more pieces than it used to be, but it does work.

Now, my waffle iron is only small, and I had to make 10 separate batches, so that means a lot of time in the kitchen. Consequently I spent that time making a batch of banana nut muffins, the nut being walnut. They didn't come out as well as when I made them in the fall, as they are a bit too dry, but with a glass of milk they are still yummy.



Next up: corn muffins! Maybe in a couple weekends; I'm too busy this weekend. And I need to find buttermilk, which is hard. I'm looking forward to it, though, because I found real maize meal, I have always loved corn muffins, and they are much healthier than the banana nut muffins, which means I can have two muffins for breakfast, instead of just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment