Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kathleen's Mushroom Risotto




This is the latest of my weekend's cooking exploits: mushroom risotto, a recipe that I got from my Weight Watchers website. I like risotto, and this is the healthiest version of it that I have found, so I tried it out.

It's extremely mushroomy--apart from a tiny bit of white wine, the risotto itself, some parsley and a bit of salt and pepper, it's all mushroom. Porcini and chestnut mushrooms, and then the risotto is saturated with porcini mushroom stock, from when I poured boiling water over the dried mushrooms to hydrate them.

It's not bad--a bit bland with the amount of salt and pepper in that the recipe suggests. But a bit more salt and pepper and it's much nicer. Certainly a healthy route for risotto, as the risotto itself tends to be not so good for you, and a lot of recipes have wine and cheese, and things like that, which take up points.

No comments:

Post a Comment